Monday, October 27, 2008

That time of Year:

Since DV had RSV as a baby he has been sickly. It never fails that this time of year brings all kinds of sickness and he gets most of them. Luckily he is getting older and him being sick isn't as stressful for me! Come January I can worry about a new baby getting sick (YIKES). This is a picture of DV and a 3 day long high fever. Poor kid, couldn't even smile for the camera. No one ever told me about the stress of kids getting sick. Dan and I have a list of things we were never told about parenting: sickness, teething and sleeping top that list. To all of you who have kids older than ours, why didn't you tell us!? To all of you who don't have kids please be warned that sickness, teething and sleep patterns will add stress to your life.

4 comments:

Cindy and Jim said...

Would it be a good idea to tell prospective parents of the worries of parenthood? I don't think so! :)
Grandma Carlsruh

Michelle & Steve said...

I love your blog. It is so fun to read about you guys and your darling kids (well, except when they are sick...that isn't fun at all!)

Also, I've been meaning to email you because I'm so excited about #3! I hope the pregnancy is going well. We sure can't wait to see the next Carlsruh!

Shauna said...

Oh, poor thing! My son was like that too..breaks your heart (much better as he got older if that gives you some encouragement! :}). Fun to see your blog, and cute family!! Can't wait to see the new addition soon! :}

Anonymous said...

You're not supposed to know. It's all in the "fun" of having kids. But I completely understand. I've got a list myself.
Good to see a new post!